Gary S.
As you know from earlier blogs, a Master/slave relationship is just another flavor of the rainbow. It is not better than any other relationship and the persons involved are not more authentic. It is what it is.
As a Master, you have taken the control position in the relationship. You had better have your act together. You are now responsible for two or more people. The master has to make decision in regard to the training of his slaves. The most compelling relationships are ones in which everyone values clarity and honesty. My slave boy and my prospective slave boy know that when I ask a question, I want a real answer. I want them to express their needs. As a Master, it is imperative that the lines of communication be open. The Master/slave relationship is intense and creates intense feelings. I demand that my boys have support outside our relationship. This can be done through the boys of leather organization or by mentorship by someone that has lived the life and I respect as a slave.
Another quality that a Master must cultivate is versatility. Before you laugh, I am not talking about sex but about being able to change the rules to fit the situation. Boy Jake is not able to wear a collar at all. His tattoo will function as his collar. Boy Joey cannot wear the collar while working. I allow him to remove it when at work when he first lets me know. There are many more things that must change because of circumstances or the rule just not having the desired effect.
A common problem for Masters is very basic. They forget to master. The slave has given control to the Master. Use it. I sometimes ask for opinions. I demand well thought out answers. In the end, I make a decision and that is the end of the conversation. Allow the slave to serve you. All slaves (yes even me) express love through their service. To not allow them to serve you, you have rejected their love.
Master/slave relationships are very difficult. They entail a lot of work. The payoff in the end is worth the growing pains. “If it was easy, anyone could do it!”

No comments:
Post a Comment