Monday, June 28, 2010

Camp Red Tails – Apprehension

I need to explain something about my last few blogs about Camp Red Tails. I have been challenged about desecrating the anonymity of camp by talking about individuals and my play with them. I have changed everyone’s name I have discussed except for Copper. Guess what… that isn’t his real name either. Guys, your secrets are safe with me.

I have talked to many people about Camp Red Tails. A common fear that is voiced is that the person does not know anyone. I would like to tell you about my experience with this subject at my first camp.

I am sometimes apprehensive when meeting a new group of people that already know each other. I fear being a third wheel or not a good “match” for the group of friends. In the world of kink in general and spanking in particular, you never know what to expect from a new play partner. In 2003, I was having just such an experience at camp with a man named Jerry.

I met Jerry very early in my camp. He was a pleasant guy and he was very upfront about asking me to play in a bottom role. I believe that if you have the balls to ask me to play as a Top or a bottom, I will play if at all possible. Without knowing Jerry or seeing him play, I agreed to bottom for him. I then went on to do the things you have read about in the two previous blogs.

Camp Red Tails is a camp that is about everything spanking. This does not mean that other types of kink are not happening but the primary and most obvious kink is spanking. I have told you about having my back whipped while also being spanked. Because of all of this, I assumed that Jerry wanted to spank me. I could not have been more wrong.

As our appointed time of play came closer, Jerry began to talk about cutting my back open with a whip. I soon found out that he was only interested in using a whip on my back. I had been a bottom in this type of play before and had enjoyed it. I tried to change my headspace to deal with this new information.

Jerry had negotiated to play with another new camper named Randy. Jerry tied Randy to a tree right outside of the bunkhouse. He then used a single-tail on him until Randy’s back was bleeding. Then, Jerry just walked away and left Randy tied to the tree. Campers look out for campers. A camper came over to help Randy. The camper was the man that would later become my Master. Master took care of Randy and had a “discussion” with Jerry.

Because I was involved in the film shoot, I was completely unaware of all this. The time for our play approached and I began to get an uneasy feeling. I had watched Master play and we had talked a little. I was very impressed with him. After lunch, I asked my future Master if he would mind watching our play to make sure it stayed in the negotiated limits. My future Master agreed, but did not tell me about what had happened to Randy.

Although I was having second thoughts about the play, I was determined to keep my word and play. I showed up to the tree at the appointed time. Jerry tied me to the tree. A bout that time, my future Master arrived. Jerry asked him what he thought he was doing there. Master informed him that He was there to keep Jerry honest.

The whipping began. It was fairly light as single tailing goes. I tried to submit to Jerry but his mouth kept aggravating me. I had been in the BDSM community long before I came to camp. I knew what a Master was and what a boy was. Jerry kept calling me boy as we played. I told him that I did not wear his collar around my neck and I was in no way his boy. He continued to call me boy. Finally, I stopped the play. Jerry tried to not release me from the tree. Master quickly cut the rope. Jerry mentioned that he would like to play again at camp. I told him that was never going to happen. Later, my future Master told me about the story of Jerry and Randy playing. He also told me that the first rule of camp is that a camper never does anything they do not want to do. He told me that the campers that had been to camp before were watching out for the new campers; making sure that the play was safe, sane, and consensual. I had not realized that the staff and the campers cared that much. After camp ended that year, Jerry was informed that it would be a good idea if he did not register for camp again.

What did I learn from the experience? Trust your gut feelings. Don’t allow your personal honor to trap you into a bad decision. An important lesson I learned about Camp Red Tails and the reason for this blog is that no matter how nervous or apprehensive you might be about playing at camp, people are watching out for you. The only ways you will get hurt are the ways you want to get hurt. How many other places can you say the same thing?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Entry Master,

    It is definitely an integrity principle that your boy has seen you and those you run with carry. This is why I feel safe, and I try let others know they have support and someone looking out for them.. even if they are not at camp.

    Thank you for posting Master!

    Boy Joey

    ReplyDelete