There is a contingent in the leather community that has an affinity for puppy or slave cages. As with any fetish, the reasons are many but the desire is there. I will try to offer some insight into the fetish.
While I consider the cage and cage space to be a haven, it can also be a way to punish a submissive. Being locked in a small, confined space does wonders to a submissive attitude. Hearing the Master and others interacting but not being allowed to participate or even be in the room is very humbling.
Cages can be built out of any material, but as a submissive, I need to see the strength and permanence of a cage. I also need to see a lock. Just as Master has the key to the lock on my chastity device and on the collar around my neck, I need Him to have control of my entry to and exit from the cage. A note of caution must be given here. If a Master is going to lock a slave in a cage, the slave needs to have someway to exit should an emergency develop. This can be done with a key in a sealed envelope. Although I have never heard of it happening, I can see major trauma for a submissive should the Master have a heart attack and the slave not be able to exit the cage to help.
As you can tell, I am part of this small minority that has a connection with cage play. The Master’s cage has an imaginary sign hung over the door: “Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter”. Clink. “Fuck, what did I do with that key!”



No comments:
Post a Comment