Thursday, January 28, 2010

Polyamory


Polyamory is the practice, desire, or acceptance of having more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved. Although it is sometimes used to describe “open” relationships, I am specifically talking about relationships that are between more than two people and are for an extended amount of time.

Depending on how you define it, I am in a polyamorous relationship. Master and boy Jake are both in intimate realationships with me. They are also in an intimate relationship with each other. But, Master is very adamant about boy Jake being my boy and my responsibility. I guess (I am going to get a beating for this) that it is more a boy-Master-Grand Master relationship. I also know that Master desires to have a polyamorous household. That will mean that any future slaves, boys, or pups that enter his family will enter an intimate relationship with every other person in the family, as Master decides.

There are some serious issues that need to be dealt with when adding persons to a polyamorous family. The prior relationships must be secure. If you cannot maintain a one-on-one relationship, how can you maintain five relationships? The more people added to a family, the more important the chain of command is. Everyone needs to know that the Master is the Master. As Master’s alpha slave boy, it is important that everyone know that I may represent the Master in discipline and such, but I am not the Master. Communication must be stressed in the family. Isolation and silence are death knells in a polyamorous relationship.

Polyamory is a very difficult way to live. There are many of these relationships that do not end well. When the people involved work hard at the relationships are remain honest and true, these relationships are beautiful. As in all that we do in the leather lifestyle, if it was easy, then anyone could do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment