In the leather community, protocols are the rules that govern the interactions of the community. I specifically want to discuss the protocols be tween a Master and a slave boy. A very common misconception of new masters and boys is that the is the “official” way to do things. I have learned that the only protocols that work are the protocols that work. I have many times heard conversations at leather events between submissives that go something like this: “That is not the way it should be done. My master has me do it this way and that is the correct way to do it.” I believe part of what causes this is the fact that the submissive is looking for security in the rules or protocols of the Master. This is a good and proper thing. The problem comes when the submissive tries to help the rest of the world by proving how right his Master is. I will give examples of protocol and explain what I think the purpose of protocols are.
Master requires me to strip bare the minute I enter the house. Master David wants pup in white briefs when his is home. Anytime I go anywhere with Master, I walk a step behind and a step to His right. Pup does the same thing to Master David except on His left. I believe the most important thing that I have to say about protocols is that they are the individual to the Master. What the Master wants, the Master wants. His protocols are His protocols. As a master to my boy, my protocols all have a reason for their existence, or a lesson to teach, or just because I want it that way.
Another problem that boys sometimes encounter with protocols is the change of protocols by the Master. Boys, by their natures, enjoy consistency. Masters enjoy what they enjoy. Boys must be quick to take a protocol to heart and accept a change in the protocol at the Master's whim. While I am on the subject of boys and protocols, a very wise female slave once told me something I have learned to take to heart. She said “Be very careful in adding new things into your service of your Master. When you do, you must be ready to do it every time from now on. Having his coffee at his bedside each morning before he wakes may sound obedient and sexy, but He may enjoy it; then you will be doing it for the rest of your life.”
Protocols gives a boy structure and direction...when the Master is pleased the boy is happy...
ReplyDelete