A person took offense and wrote a scathing comment. I want to look at the comment and learn from it. The comment is exactly as it remains in the comment are of the last blog.
Anonymous said...
the scenario you describe is not a healthy attitude adjustment, but a criminal assault! what's unbelievable to me is that no one got on their phone and called the cops, tried to interfere, or video the scene. totally unacceptable ... I've watched a grandmother get arrested in a grocery store (and successfully prosecuted) for spanking her granddaughter in the checkout line!
you are forgetting that d/s and m/s relationships are consentual and specifically sought out by both parties! .. the parent/child relationship MUST receive heightened scrutiny precisely because it cannot be consentual ... the same with employer/employee, disabled/caregiver, on and on. these unequal relationships must be rigorousy monitored for signs of abuse because there is an unequal balance of power. of all people, we in this community should know this!
a father who would do that to his adult son in a public place is no role model nor a leader. danny had nothing to apologize for, it's his dad's narcissistic (read: weak) ego that needs to humiliatingly apologize publically! pain, fear and terror are tools of the weak, not the strong. I would bet a large sum that the father reacted out of fear/embarrassment from being publically challenged by his son, rather than from any desire to edify his character (although i'm sure the dad would insist this was his motive).
Danny knows his father loves him? are you nuts? did your dad tell you "this hurts me more than it hurts you" when he spanked you?! keep telling yourself that, so you don't have to face the truth that he was abusive. real love doesn't hurt. life hurts, mistakes hurt, but love doesn't. I would bet a second large sum of money that danny is a scapegoat for one or both of his highly codependent parents, meaning he's grown up experiencing love as a painful longing, something that must be earned. he's never experienced the real thing nor has he had an appropriate loving relationship demonstrated to him.
unfortunately this young man will likely repeat this scenario with his son.
what's unbelievable to me is that no one got on their phone and called the cops, tried to interfere, or video the scene. totally unacceptable
I have to remind the reader that all BDSM is assault. We consent to it but it is assault (§ 22.01. ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person: (1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse). The restaurant was full of diners. If any thought that it was not consensual, they could have walked across the street and down a block to the Texas Department of Public Safety Barracks. No one did. Could it be because the persons dining there are rational; or is it that all of us back wood hicks are ignorant. It is obvious which you believe.
I've watched a grandmother get arrested in a grocery store (and successfully prosecuted) for spanking her granddaughter in the checkout line!
The two cases are not the same: Adult/Adult vs. Adult/minor. I was not there but it sounds like the issue was that she did it in the checkout line.
the parent/child relationship MUST receive heightened scrutiny precisely because it cannot be relationships must be rigorousy monitored for signs of abuse because there is an unequal balance of power. of all people, we in this community should know this!
I could not agree more. The problem is that nothing in this tirade is relevant to the Adult father and Adult son.
danny had nothing to apologize for, it's his dad's narcissistic (read: weak) ego that needs to humiliatingly apologize publically!
I find this amazing. I was there and don’t know whether it was the father or Danny’s idea. Evidently you do.
Danny knows his father loves him? are you nuts? did your dad tell you "this hurts me more than it hurts you" when he spanked you?! keep telling yourself that, so you don't have to face the truth that he was abusive. real love doesn't hurt. life hurts, mistakes hurt, but love doesn't.
Now, I am brought into the conversation. I am not sure why you need to attack to make a comment. Now you of become the Lawgiver on what real love is. Again I agree with you, for a percentage of the population. My blog discusses those of us that find real love in pain; and other things.
I would bet a second large sum of money that danny is a scapegoat for one or both of his highly codependent parents, meaning he's grown up experiencing love as a painful longing, something that must be earned. he's never experienced the real thing nor has he had an appropriate loving relationship demonstrated to him.
unfortunately this young man will likely repeat this scenario with his son.
Now you have brought in the mother, who you know nothing about. The tirade and decision on the entirety of Danny’s life is ludicrous, unsubstantiated, and telling. I have a suspicion that it isn’t about Danny. There are support for those issues. I hope they are found and put to good use.
Exceptional response, Vince. And most of all legally correct.
ReplyDeleteCopper