Friday, August 6, 2010

Anticipation

Has anyone else noticed how impatient we have all become? I was standing at an elevator yesterday. When I arrived, I pushed the button. When the second person arrived, she pushed the button. When the third person arrived, he punched the button three or four times. The elevator took two minutes to arrive from the time I pushed the button. Why were we so impatient?


I think that we have forgotten the exhilaration of anticipation. I remember my parents telling my brother and I about a trip to THE Six Flags Park a week ahead of time. For that entire week my brother and I would plan out the trip and count down the days. At Camp Red Tails, Copper informed me early on Saturday that at 5:00 pm I was going to have a session with him (more about that in another blog). It was a very long day.

As a Dominant and a submissive, I believe that a BDSM experience is enhanced with anticipation. There is nothing like the day of a session. The rock just sits in the pit of your stomach. As a child, my father would send me to my room to get ready for a spanking. “Getting ready,” meant dropping my jeans and underwear and bending over the side of the bed. He would make me wait in that position any where from ten to forty-five minutes. By the time he entered the room, I was on the verge of tears. I have found that giving a submissive a bit of time in the position for spanking focuses the submissive and does wonders for his headspace.

There are millions of ways to use anticipation in our play. Experiment and enjoy it. It is great marketing that as I wrote this blog, all I could hear in my brain was the Heinz Ketchup’s commercial, “Anticipation…Its making me wait!”

No comments:

Post a Comment